Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's here! It's here!

Yes - Rock Band has finally come out for Wii. I apparently was the first customer (loser) to go to Walmart on Sunday morning since I had to ask the employee where it was. The conversation went something like this:

  • Walmart employee: How may I help you sir?
  • Me: WHERE THE &^%#* IS ROCK BAND YOU *&(#ING *%&HOLE?
  • Walmart employee: Sir, it' s right in front of you. Do you need Playstation or XBox?
  • Me: YOU DUMB &*(#_ !!! IT CAME OUT ON WII TODAY - WHERE THE #$%% IS IT?
  • Walmart employee: Are you sure it came out on Wii today?
  • Me: ARE YOU @#%^&ING KIDDING ME???!!! DO I $^&#ING LOOK LIKE I'M SURE? DO YOU ACTUALLY !@#^KING THINK I'M WRONG??!!?? YOU !@#%^$ING DUMB!@#%!!! DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM??!!
  • Walmart employee: I'll have to check in our storage.

I just could not believe that they weren't ready for the onslaught of people who were going to get it (i.e., me...)

Anyway, the drums are a huge thumbs up, but it takes a little getting used to the new guitar (vs. guitar hero). After all, GH's guitar is modeled after a Les Paul and RB's is a Fender (a stratocaster, as well). What I am impressed with is the sheer number of songs on RB. I've gotten through the first 4 "acts" and this is only 20 of the 63 songs - haven't even seen Allie's favorite song ("Are you gonna be my girl" by Jet).

The kids love it and it is significantly easier to "pass" a song on RB when compared to GH. Anna prefers the drums, though she cannot hold a beat .... at all. She just bangs on the colors that she sees on the screen in virtually no particular order and yet still somehow manages about 60% - 70% of the notes. Allie wants the crowds attention on vocals - though she does censor herself when there are bad words in songs (I suppose I got a few months before she starts talking like her mom). At the end of the song she screams "thank you, Bloomington" and takes a bow.

Yes - we're a sad group, but we really rock now...

No comments: