- to make your goals measurable and specific (exercise "more" is too vague - you should quantify this) and
- share your resolutions with others.
My second goal should have been ridiculously easy to do, yet I still failed miserably. Years ago, I bought a Cross Bow (the cheaper version of a Bowflex) in an effort to persuade me to do some resistance training. However, despite Theresa using it now and then, the Cross Bow has mostly gathered dust over the last few years. Last year, I simply wanted to start using it a tiny, tiny bit. And I didn't...at all.
Perhaps my goals were too varied. Perhaps making "extra" time for resistance training and running overwhelmed my tiny, lazy mind. While I still would like to do both this year, I will instead officially resolve to run 1,000 miles. I'm stating it publicly so that ya'll can make fun of me if I don't make it. You can follow my progress in the margin of my blog and help push me along. Note that, as I begin January, my weekly mileage is low (damn holidays!) so it will take some time before I can build to where I need to be (I need to average about 20 miles per week). Of course, if you plan on making fun at me at the end of the year, then you have to commit to buying me a beer if I do run 1,000 miles!
Feel free to add a comment and post your New Year's resolutions for all to see! It won't help you get it done, but if you are serious about it, I'll do my best to help you in any way I can. Even if that means a nice friendly e-mail reminder.
No comments:
Post a Comment