Friday, August 22, 2008

Our 20th reunion

Last Saturday, Ter and I went to our 20th high school reunion. I have to admit, I had virtually no desire to go since so many of the people that I would have like to have gone, did not actually go. Most of the people I knew were going were Ter's friends, who were going alone.

But we both had a really good time. I can remember our 10th. After we left the big shindig, we got to the car and both looked at each other: "are you going to drive - because I have no business driving."

While I didn't think the 20th was going to be as hard on my liver, I'm very glad that they wound up planning the party right next to a hotel. Many people hung out afterward at the bar next door, which made for a very late, but very fun night. Despite the fact that I haven't seen virtually any of the people (except Ter) over the last 10 years, we all had a good time. While there was a little uncertainty as to whether or not we'd go to the picnic the next day, my headache told me that it would have been a bad idea.

Cheers to the Reavis High School class of 1988!

No comments: